As we know, Skateboarding is not allowed in certain areas. When your skateboard is not in use, it is better to keep it in the backpack without holding it in your hand. You can also use your backpack while traveling.
You can choose a backpack designed for normal use or a perfectly suited backpack for your needs. It all depends on what is most comfortable for you.
Related: Best Skateboard Backpacks
How to put a skateboard on a backpack? Your skateboard can be kept in the backpack in a variety of ways. But we will try to discuss some easy and smart methods to put your board in a backpack.
There are two main methods
- By using the Bag’s straps
- Use a holder type backpack
1. Put your board in the backpack normally.
2. Now, tie the backpack’s straps properly with the board so that it cannot move from its place. This will now prevent your skateboard from wobbling or toppling over when you are climbing up stairs or walking on narrow paths where there is less space to stand comfortably.
3. The skateboard handle should be facing outside while tying the strap into a knot around it. This way, you can carry your Bag easily and also hang it on hangers like hooks for coats, etc.,
Holder Type Backpack
1. For this type of backpack, the skateboard has to be kept inside a separate pocket or pouch where it will fit comfortably without moving from its place. This extra pouch can be bought online if you are unable to find one for your backpack.
2. Now, take out the skateboard from its normal position and keep it in the extra pouch that is attached to your backpack properly.
3. This way, your board stays safe wherever you go! You can use this method when traveling by bus or train etc.
How to Carry a Longboard on a Backpack With Straps?
1. Put the longboard in the backpack normally, but make sure that you are wearing it on your back at all times while boarding.
2. Tighten up the straps properly so that it does not fall off when riding.
3. Now buckle up and tighten the straps of your backpack with a belt properly, so it doesn’t move again and again.
4. This way, the longboard will stay safe wherever you go! You can use this method when traveling by bus or train etc.
Do’s and Don’ts
- When putting anything in a bag, such as skateboards, always try to keep it straight without letting it lean over to one side more than others because leaning one way more than another may cause it to fall off.
- Always keep in mind not to put the weight of the skateboard on its wheels because this may cause damage and affect how well it runs or rides.
- To stop your backpack from toppling over and falling, always try to tighten the straps around the board and your Bag correctly so that everything stays in place firmly.
Advantages of Carrying Your Skateboard With a Backpack
- If your skateboard is not with you, it will be safe in your Bag. You can carry it along with you everywhere.
- It prevents the board from getting dirty or wet when outside because of rain or humidity etc.
- It also keeps other things perfectly organized inside the backpack, which makes traveling easier.
- This method of carrying a skateboard on a backpack is good for people who are constantly on the move and want to ride their boards at places where riding is not allowed easily.
How To Use Skateboard Straps On Backpack
Putting a skateboard on a backpack can be a convenient way to carry it around while you’re not using it. However, it can also present some problems if not done correctly. Here are the steps to properly put a skateboard on a backpack and some common problems and solutions to consider:
Steps to Put a Skateboard on a Backpack
- Loosen the trucks on your skateboard to make it easier to fit on the backpack.
- Hold the backpack upside down and open the main compartment.
- Place the skateboard deck onto the backpack with the grip tape facing down and the trucks facing up.
- Slide the trucks into the side pockets of the backpack.
- Fasten the straps of the backpack to secure the skateboard in place.
Common Problems and Solutions
- The backpack is not big enough to hold the skateboard.
Solution: Look for a larger backpack or use a skateboard carrying strap instead.
- The weight of the skateboard makes the backpack uncomfortable to wear.
Solution: Adjust the straps of the backpack to distribute the weight evenly and make sure it fits snugly against your back.
- The skateboard keeps slipping out of the backpack.
Solution: Tighten the straps of the backpack or use additional bungee cords or straps to secure the skateboard in place.
- The grip tape on the skateboard damages the backpack.
Solution: Use a protective layer between the skateboard and the backpack, such as a towel or piece of fabric.
By following these steps and considering the potential problems and solutions, you can safely and easily put your skateboard on your backpack for transport.
How to Make Skateboard Straps for Your Backpack
How to carry a skateboard Or how to make a skateboard backpack this is a very common worry. If you have a skateboard but don’t have a backpack designed to hold it, you can make your own skateboard straps to attach it securely to your backpack. Here’s how:
- 2 adjustable straps (e.g. luggage straps or backpack straps)
- 2 carabiners or clips
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Cut your straps to the appropriate length. The length will depend on the size of your skateboard and your backpack. Start with a longer length, as you can always shorten it later.
- Thread one end of each strap through a carabiner or clip. Fold the end over and sew it in place.
- Position your skateboard on your backpack in the way you want it to sit.
- Thread the straps through the skateboard trucks on both ends, making sure they are even.
- Clip the carabiners or clips onto the backpack, adjusting the straps to the appropriate length.
- Test the skateboard’s stability by gently pulling on it in different directions. If it feels secure, you’re done! If not, adjust the straps until it feels secure.
Make sure your backpack is sturdy enough to hold the weight of your skateboard before attaching the straps.
If you don’t have adjustable straps, you can use a length of webbing and tie it in a knot around the skateboard trucks.
You can also attach the straps directly to your backpack using clips or carabiners, without threading them through the skateboard trucks. However, this may not be as secure as attaching them directly to the skateboard.
Benefits of Using Skateboard Straps
Skateboard straps allow you to easily carry your skateboard on your backpack, leaving your hands free for other tasks.
Carrying your skateboard on your backpack with straps can distribute the weight more evenly, making it more comfortable to carry for longer periods of time.
Attaching your skateboard securely to your backpack with straps can protect it from damage while you’re on the go.
Skateboard straps can be easily removed or adjusted, making them a versatile solution for carrying your skateboard.
What materials do I need to put a skateboard on my backpack?
You will need two straps that can fit around your backpack and the deck of the skateboard. You will also need buckles or clasps to secure the straps in place. Finally, you may want a piece of foam or padding material to avoid any damage to your backpack when attaching the skateboard.
How do I securely attach a skateboard onto my backpack?
To securely attach a skateboard onto your bag, first thread one strap through the middle of each side of the board and buckle it tightly around your bag.
Then use another strap to wrap underneath both sides of your board and around your bag, once again buckling it tightly. Once the straps are secure, use a piece of foam or padding material to cover any sharp edges on the skateboard and protect your bag from damage.
How can I make sure my skateboard is secure on my backpack?
To ensure that your skateboard stays in place when attached to your bag, make sure that you have tightened both straps securely around the board and the bag. You may also want to double-check that all buckles and clasps are locked firmly in place.
Finally, consider using a bungee cord or rope loop to further secure the board to your bag if desired.
Are there any safety precautions I should take when attaching a skateboard onto my backpack?
Yes! Make sure that you are using straps of high quality that are designed to hold a skateboard in place. Also, always use foam or padding material to avoid any damage to your bag and check all buckles and clasps frequently for wear-and-tear.
Finally, if you plan on carrying your skateboard on your back for an extended period of time make sure the straps do not cause discomfort or chafing.
Is it safe to ride my skateboard while it is attached to my backpack?
No, it is not safe to ride your skateboard while it is attached to your backpack as the weight and motion of riding can put extra strain on the straps and buckles leading them to become loose or break.
For safety reasons, we strongly recommend that you take off the skateboard before riding it. We hope this information helps you successfully attach and carry your skateboard on your backpack.
Making your own skateboard straps can be a cost-effective and convenient solution for carrying your skateboard on your backpack. By using adjustable straps and carabiners or clips, you can easily attach your skateboard to your backpack and adjust the straps as needed.
Remember to test the stability of your skateboard before using it on the go, and adjust the straps as needed to ensure it stays secure. With a little bit of creativity and some basic materials, you can make your own skateboard straps and enjoy the freedom and convenience of carrying your skateboard on your backpack.
Now that you know how to put a skateboard on a backpack, you can save yourself from carrying it in your hand or pinning up one side of your jacket while riding. You can also attach a holder with certain backpacks which will help keep your board safe while traveling.
To use these methods effectively, make sure you choose a backpack designed for long use and a holder that will fit your backpack. This way, you can always enjoy safe skating and travel with style.