Is it illegal to ride a skateboard without a helmet? In some states, yes. In California, for example, you are not allowed to ride your skateboard without wearing a helmet. But in many other states, there is no proper rule for wearing a helmet while skateboarding.
But if you’re caught riding around bare-headed by the police. There is a good chance that they will find you for breaking this law and not wearing safety equipment.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry, though, so make sure that if you do go skating with your friends or out on your own, wear your helmet. You never know when an accident might happen, so be prepared for one is very important.
List Of Recommended Best Skateboard helmets
Top 3 best skateboard helmet that helps you protect yourself from injuries and make your skateboarding safe.
- Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skateboard Helmet
- Triple Eight THE Certified Sweatsaver Helmet for Skateboarding
- Mongoose Street Hardshell Skull
Can We Ride a Skateboard Without a Helmet?
I see many pro skateboarders who like to ride a skateboard without a helmet. And Yes, you can also ride a skateboard without wearing a helmet.
But if you take it to the streets, there is also a perfect chance that you might get caught breaking this law, especially in California.
The police will penalize you for not wearing safety equipment when riding your skateboard or any other action sports equipment that requires safety gear during accidents. The fine for this offense can be up to $100 or even more.
The California Vehicle Code requires people aged 18 years and above to wear a helmet while riding their skateboard. But people under the age of 18 don’t have to wear helmets if they are with an adult who is more than 19 years old.
The most common types of skateboard accident are when the skater falls. And hits their head against another object or bumps into someone while riding their skateboard.
This is one of the main reasons you need to wear a helmet while riding your board. Because it prevents head injuries like concussions, fractures in the skull, brain injury, etc.
If you are caught riding your skateboard without a helmet, this might be the reason why you get penalized or even fined for not wearing one. Remember that roles are meant for your safety, and we should always try to follow them properly.
Is It Worth Wearing a Helmet?
Wearing a helmet while skating is very important, and it’s not something you want to miss or ignore because your safety comes first. You wouldn’t want to get into an accident just because you forgot to wear a helmet, would you? Wearing a helmet doesn’t only give a great look but is also safer for the rider.
No one wants to get hurt while having fun, but you have to admit that wearing a helmet gives the rider an awesome look. There are tons of helmets available online or at your local skate shops, so enjoy your skating time safely with headgear!
Rules for Safe Riding
- Choose the safest places for you to ride your skateboard. Avoid areas where people, cars, and other vehicles move around so you won’t get in accidents.
- Get protection gear before going out to ride your skateboard. This can be a helmet, kneepads, elbow pads, and other forms of protection. You never know when an accident might happen, so it’s best to be safe than sorry.
- Wear proper clothing. Avoid wearing clothes too loose or tight for you because this will give you a hard time while skating and may cause accidents.
- Select the safest helmet. There are many types of helmets you can choose from, but the safest ones are those that have a hard exterior shell, good ventilation to release heat, and comfort, so it does not give you a headache or cause other discomforts.
- Ride wisely. Practice skating at your local skate park or backyard, where there are soft surfaces like grass. This way, you won’t get hurt if you fall off while riding your skateboard. Avoid bumping into people or other objects because this may cause injuries and accidents.
Do skateboard helmets prevent concussions?
Yes, it does. Skateboard helmets are designed to keep your head safe from external impacts and other accidents. By wearing a skateboard helmet, you won’t experience a concussion or any other head injury.
Why Should You Wear a Helmet When Skateboarding?
Wearing a helmet is very important when you are skateboarding. Because it protects your head from injuries or accidents that might happen while riding. Wearing a helmet while riding your skateboard will give you added protection.
Is a Bike Helmet Ok for Skateboarding?
No, it’s not. A bike helmet is designed to protect bikers from injuries when they accidentally bump into objects or other vehicles. For skateboarding, you need a different helmet designed for this sport. It will protect you from injuries and accidents without compromising your comfort.
What are the pros and cons of wearing a helmet when skateboarding
- Helmets make you look cool and safe at the same time.
- Your chances of getting into accidents greatly decrease if you wear a helmet
- Helmets are made of durable materials that can protect you even from external forces.
- Some people feel uncomfortable wearing helmets because it makes them look geeky
- Helmets may cause discomfort, especially if it’s too tight or loose
- If you’re going to buy a new helmet, it can be expensive
It’s best to wear the proper protective gear and clothing before going out to skateboard. Stay away from busy areas where traffic is congested as this may lead to accidents.
Be sure you have a helmet on at all times because head injuries are always possible when skating or even walking around.
If you’re not sure of the laws regarding skateboarding in your area. Read the article: Is It Illegal To Ride A Skateboard Without A Helmet carefully, and you will get your answer